The events the branch runs are
- The White Rose festival
- Family Ceilidhs
- Scottish country dancing day schools
- Highland dancing day schools
- Musicians day school
- Autumn weekend in Malhamdale
- Demonstration dancing
- reduced fees on RSCDS dances and events
- A twice-yearly members' magazine packed with information and interesting articles, delivered to your door
- A bi-monthly Newsletter sent directly to your email inbox
If you would like to join us, email .
To subscribe to the branch mailing list fill in the subscription form.
The Leeds Branch of the RSCDS was formed on 21st June 1962 by 4 members of the Leeds Scottish Country Dance Club - Miss Mair Pinnell, Miss Shirley Shields, Dr. William Cunningham and Hammond Jack. Since our formation we have run dances with bands, initially only twice a year but now every month.
We have details on the branch constitutions and current committee members. There is also a history of the Leeds Club, written in 1971.
Roy was one of the most prolific modern dance devisers, he was also a member and chairman of the Leeds branch.
Roy's obituary, publications and 246 dances can be seen on the Scottish Country Dance Database.
Some of his more well known dances include